The Tiefling may be a fictional humanoid race within the Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) fantasy roleplaying game. Originally introduced within the Planescape campaign setting within the second edition of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, they became one among the first races available for player characters within the fourth edition of the game.
Tiefling names fall under three broad categories. Tieflings born into another culture typically have names reflective of that culture. Some have names derived from the Infernal language, passed down through generations, that reflect their fiendish heritage. And a few younger tieflings, striving to seek out an area within the world, adopt a reputation that signifies a virtue or other concept then attempts to embody that idea. For some, the chosen name may be a noble quest. For others, it’s a grim destiny.
People tend to be suspicious of tieflings, assuming that their infernal heritage has left its mark on their personality and morality, not just their appearance. Shopkeepers keep an in-depth eye on their goods when tieflings enter their stores, the town watch might follow a tiefling around for a short time, and demagogues blame tieflings for strange happenings. The truth, though, is that a tiefling’s bloodline doesn’t affect his or her personality to any great degree. Years of handling mistrust does leave its mark on most tieflings, and that they answer it in several ways. Some prefer to live up to the wicked stereotype, but others are virtuous. Most are simply very conscious of how people answer them. After handling this mistrust throughout youth, a tiefling often develops the power to beat prejudice through charm or intimidation.
- Size: Medium
- Type: Humanoid
- Alignment: Usually chaotic
Tiefling General Info
- Vision: Darkvision, low-light vision
- Average: Lifespan Slightly longer than humans
- Homeland’s: The Abyss, Narfell, the Nine Hells, the Unapproachable East, and the Old Empires
- Language’s: Common, Infernal
- Favored climate: Temperate
- Average Height: 4’11″–6′ (1.50–1.83 m)
- Average Weight: 114–238 lb (51.7–108 kg)
- Distinctions: Horns, prehensile tail, keen mind, alluring, fiendish origin
The tiefling is as various as chalk and cheddar in light of the very fact that specific individuals are the relatives of Divine beings. Due to physical highlights, one can recognize them from the others. Tiefling raised by Beshaba brandished tusks instead of the horns and thick white hairs. Furthermore, the offspring of the duvet was known to cast no reflection.
- Male Infernal Names: Akmenos, Amnon, Barakas, Damakos, Ekemon, Iados, Kairon, Leucis, Melech, Mordai, Morthos, Pelaios, Skamos, Therai
- Female Infernal Names: Akta, Anakis, Bryseis, Criella, Damaia, Ea, Kallista, Lerissa, Makaria, Nemeia, Orianna, Phelaia, Rieta
- “Virtue” Names: Art, Carrion, Chant, Creed, Despair, Excellence, Fear, Glory, Hope, Ideal, Music, Nowhere, Open, Poetry, Quest, Random, Reverence, Sorrow, Temerity, Torment, Wear
Tiefling individuals doubt one another in light of the very fact that they are doing not have a positive opinion of 1 another. They cast comparative biases and make the existence hopeless of their kindred creatures. Disregarding the enmity, the animals want that their kith and families are situated in close regions. The Tiefling will, generally, unite with their colleagues in criminal tasks while others interface with companions top makes up for themselves of the revile.
Animals trying to find control through the arcane enchantment are regularly called the warlocks. The spell casters were pulled in with the savage vitality of the planes and therefore the wizards bent over as soothsayers for trying to find the knowledge. Seers of the lower planes urge the dull spirits once they are gathered within the combat zone.
Tiefling race isn’t totally strict because the individuals’ shown scope of various varieties. Asmodeus had a nasty habit like hold on the ancestry anyway they additionally respected Beshaba called the Goddess of a mishap. It’s profoundly famous on the grounds that the greater a part of animals recognizes themselves with a disturbing legacy.